Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

A World Without Music...

Imagine if music did not exist.  There would be no dancing.  What would we dance to?  Everyone would be just about the same since most styles are heavily influenced by what music they listen to.  There would be no instruments.  No soothing melodies on the piano, no epic shredding on the guitar.  To just say that the world would be a lot less colorful is an understatement.  There could possibly be a lot more anger due to the fact that a lot of people play or listen to music to relieve stress or anger.  Me, for example.  When I'm steaming, i like to crank my ipod all the way up and jam to some Otep or Bullet.  Music also is inspiration.  Where do you think I get most of my ideas on what to draw?  The greatest leaders of music history!  We would never even know their names.  Can you imagine a world where no one knew Elvis Presley?  Or Bob Marley?  A world without music would be a world without individuality.  It would be a world without joy, a world without expression.  A world without happiness.  Thank God for music.<3

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh I completely agree with you on this one! I often tell people that there is definitely a soundtrack to my life. Music can cheer me up, calm me down, can bring me back to a specific point in time.. I love how at times I can picture things in life as they are happening in a show, LOL. Later on when I hear a song that had a particular significance it can help me deal with something that I wasn't able to deal with at the time. Like a song that I listened to a lot with a friend who has since passed away. Sometimes it makes me sad, other times I laugh really hard, and sometimes I feel like it is a sign that person is thinking of me too.

    ReplyDelete